Monday, July 14, 2014

Back home



So we are back after a lovely week in Mexico with our family. So happy to have been there, so grateful for the break and the family and love and all the delicious food. But we are back and we are also happy and grateful for being here again.

So many things to do, it's crazy, crazy but I'm absolutely determined to take it EASY as, a week before our vacations I had Bell's Palsy, do you know what that is? something super weird (but surprisingly common, I realize now!) that happens in a nerve that controls face movements and half my face was paralyzed. I was so scared, it was so weird but the doctors were really nice and helped me a lot and explained lots of things. And then in Mexico I talked with my family and lots of people have suffered from that so they helped me a lot to understand. It supposedly happens due to a viral infection that unluckily affects this little tube on the side of your face/neck that carries a nerve inside, so the tube gets swollen and the nerve is all thigh inside so your face goes all weird. But it can also happens because of stress and, hmm, that's me right there.

I'm great now, I feel great and my face is all back to normal but I'm still taking some medicine and well, just trying to get myself to a point of reason and care so I know I can control my stress levels better. Wish  me luck on that :)

Anyway! it was great to go see my family and enjoy Mexico for a bit, that helps a lot! And here are some colorful photos from the trip. I hope you like them and the colours make you as happy as they make me! I came back really inspired, the desert never fails to do that to me :)

Colorful painted eggs, filled with confetti. 
Candy :)
Small pinatas!
Here's my little one admiring pinatas at this atelier we went: it was a very old house FULL of pinatas and the studio where they make them.
Mountains in the north of Mexico like to show off at sunset. 
The desert, the mountains, the sky, the light. I miss that a lot. So happy to behold that sight again.
A mountain pass on our way to the airport.

Thank you for reading this! And if you have happened to have Bell's Palsy and have any advice or questions for me, I'd love to read it in the comments bellow, thank you! xx

Iveth

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better. Being sick from stress is just awful. Take it easy. You make lovely jewelry and to continue making it you need to take care of you first. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks! I definitely need to learn to take it easy and just go with it. Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Renee! yes, it was lovele, I missed my family so much and of course, the food! xx

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed seeing your photos of your vacation, Iveth. I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill but am glad to know that you are feeling better. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete